Current track



Current show

Current show

STATEMENT RE: Shooting in Nashville

Written by on March 28, 2023

TRUK were deeply saddened to hear the terrible news about the loss of lives at a school in Green Hills, Nashville, USA.

Our hearts, our thoughts, and our love go out to all those lives lost, and to their friends, their families, and their loved ones.

We are angry that in the last year alone, there has been 647 mass shootings in the US.
This should anger us all.
We have lost LGBTQ+ siblings… part of our community… allies, and others, and every life gone is another empty space, and they will be missed by so many.

A lot is being made by the anti trans ideologues, that on this occasion the shooter was possibly a trans man.
Every murderer is a murderer first and foremost.
Trans people can be every bit as loving and amazing as cis people, or as flawed and as sick as cis people.
Because trans people are people, good or bad.

Headlines in worldwide press are using the term ‘Transgender shooter’.
We have checked, and in the other previous 646 mass shootings in the US in the last year, all committed by cis people, the headlines have NEVER read ‘Cis shooter’, or ‘NOT trans shooter’.

It is confusing to us as to why 0.1% of the whole of the last years mass shootings would be considered so significant, that it would need to be headlined in such a manner, whilst the other 99.9% isn’t worth mentioning.

We repeat, a murderer is a murderer.
We condemn every single act of murder, no matter the killers sexuality or gender.

If you have been affected by this issue, and you feel you need to talk about it, you can reach
out to our support line; TRUK Listens, on 0800 009 6640, 8am to midnight, 7 days a week

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Continue reading